Pages

Monday 13 April 2015

Welcoming Spring


It's been an incredibly long time since I last made a post, unfortunately. However, now that spring is here and I'm finishing up school, I'm hoping to have more time for blogging, as well as taking photos in general! So, to welcome in spring (which may very well be my favourite season- next to autumn, of course), I've made a few new purchases. However, first I want to introduce you all to some products that I received just after Christmas, and then I'll talk about my new favourite little gem!




Just after Christmas, my mum bought me this little package. They're actually, believe it or not, still available at some locations! They've got a lovely "50% off" sticker on them as well! It cost me ten dollars at the time, but I imagine that it's probably around five at this time... but don't quote me on that! So, this is an amazing set of Rice Water Bright cleansing products! It includes a cleansing foam, a small sized makeup remover and 3 rice face packs! 


I have extremely sensitive skin, so anyone who knows me knows that I'm quite picky when it comes to my cleansing products. Also, makeup removers have always been an annoyance for me. However, this makeup remover is amazing. I'm in love with it and strongly recommend it! It works wonderfully with waterproof makeup and is soft and easy to apply. The hole in the top is perfect to just stick a q-tip in there as well! 

As far as the cleansing foam, I think this is the best cleansing foam I've tried from The Face Shop thus far. I normally use the Green Tea Phyto Powder Cleansing Foam, but lately my skin has been more dry than oily (curse you combination skin), so it leaves my skin feeling flaky if I don't use an exfoliating mitten, or if I don't immediately moisturize. The Rice Water Bright cleanser, however, doesn't have any of these issues. It leaves my skin feeling soft and refreshed. It also smells really nice. The scent isn't strong at all, but I think it smells very clean, which is ideal in a cleanser. The foam itself is soft and you only need a small amount, as it lathers quite well. If I don't have time to moisturize after using this, it doesn't matter because my skin doesn't feel dry at all. It's definitely a five star buy!

As for the face packs... they rock! I'm a huge fan of face packs, as you all know, and they were lovely. I used them rather sparingly since I didn't want to use them too quickly. I'm missing them now that I've used the last one, but they were great, as always! 


Now, my newest little gem is this little guy right here! For those of you who don't read Korean, "지켜줘" means "Protect Me" or "Take Care of Me" and "핸드" just means "hand". So, it's the Protect Me Hand Cream in mango scent. Mango is one of my favourite scents, and also my favourite fruit, and I am sold on this product! The scent isn't super strong; it's subtle. This is one of the pluses, as a lot of mango creams smell very artificial and are too strong smelling. As for this hand cream... well it's just perfect!



Let's not forget the super cute packaging! I'm always a fan of The Face Shop's packaging. The adorable fox on the packaging, and the container itself, had me sold. This hand cream was also affordable. While it's somewhat small, the price was ten dollars. Now, this might seem like a lot... but it's totally worth it. Why? Because some of the proceeds go to charity! 


There's a decent amount of hand cream in the pot, and you don't really need to use a lot. I take just a small amount on my pinkie finger and put it on. It leaves my hands feeling soft and smelling fresh too! It's a perfect scent from summer, and great to use right after washing your hands. I definitely recommend this product to all of you. 

So, these are a few things that can help you get into spring! Why not try out a new set of facial products and a new hand cream? If you're not a mango fan, they have an avocado one (which I'm dying to try).  If you've tried it, let me know your thoughts! 

Happy spring!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment