Pages

Wednesday 22 April 2015

Spring Cleaning


 Now, when I say spring cleaning I'm not talking about cleaning my house! Although, I have done a clean up of my bedroom (and am planning to clean further), I'm more so talking about a cleaning of my body. Most often called a "Detox" as we all know it, but I'm more fond of calling it a "clean up". So, how am I doing this? With Infused waters! Let me tell you why I love them.


There's something wonderful about infused waters. I first wanted to try them after seeing someone using one of the lovely water bottles that I recently got from Chapters (for a great price too!). They taste fresh and flavourful, without all the added sugars that juices have. And, while I'm not against things like MIO flavour additives, I'm not that big of a fan. They have a strange after taste. Come on, you've all probably tried Crystal Light flavour additives at some point. It's just not the same, right? So, I'll highly suggest infused waters to you all! Even if you don't have a bottle, just put it in a jar or a pitcher and keep it in the fridge until you're ready to drink it. The stuff you use (fruits, vegetables, herbs) should usually work for 3 infusions, sometimes more though.


I suggest using fresh fruits and vegetables when infusing. In my first test, I had frozen strawberry and raspberry and it wasn't pleasant. The raspberry was sour and broke apart into the water so I kept drinking bits of it. However, in my second try I used frozen strawberry (still not great), fresh mint and fresh blackberries. It was nice, a step ahead of my first attempt, but still not what I was looking for flavour wise. Fresh strawberries would have been a great addition. Then I tried lemon, cucumber and fresh mint... and this is a hit! It's fresh and light tasting, and has great flavour. Mint and lemon are great for burning fat, aiding digestion and headaches. Cucumber and lemon combined are good for weight management, bloating, appetite control and hydration. In general, if you want to feel energized and hydrated throughout the day, then I really recommend drinking infused waters.

There's so many options when it comes to adding things into your water. The combinations are endless, and the benefits for your health and your body are endless. You can drink them hot, cold or room temperature. There are really no rules at all!

If you've tried some, tell me your favourites and the benefits they have! 

No comments:

Post a Comment