Pages

Wednesday 29 April 2015

Sparkling Lips


Dry lips are perhaps the biggest pain, especially when you wear makeup. Nobody wants their lips to feel dry and cracked, especially when putting on lipsticks. Back in February I picked up a lip scrub from LUSH and a lip mask from The Face Shop (I think I bought that in December, actually). I finally got around to using the mask, so there's no better time than now to let you guys know what I think!




Around Valentine's day, LUSH came out with this lip scrub called "The Kiss". I decided to pick it up, as I was in dire need of a lip scrub. My lips get especially dry in the winter, but still continue to be dry throughout the year. It's got a cherry flavour, and is actually quite effective. My lips are always super soft after using this. It's great because you can just lick it off (although I prefer to wash it off because the taste is a bit too much for me). However, it does stain so you have to be careful with that.


I had never tried a lip scrub like this before, so the texture was super cool to me. It's basically just a sugar scrub, and it's got little sprinkles in it as well. If you're a fan of cherry flavours, I definitely would recommend this product if you can find it, because it's quite nice and works well. 


The next product I tried was the Cherry Cherry Lips Modeling Gel Patch from The Face Shop. I was super excited to try this product when I picked it up, but was waiting a while to actually use it. It's a gel and feels like jello, so it was kind of weird to put it on my lips.


As you all know, I am a huge fan of products from The Face Shop. So far, I had never found a product that I didn't like. However, unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of this lip mask. First of all, it was really confusing to figure out how to actually put it on. It took me a while and then it stopped falling off. It did leave my lips moisturized, though, so that was the one thing I liked about it. It's a pain to put it on, but the overall effect is pretty good!

So, if you're interested in these, definitely look for something similar. Lip masks are great, but if you don't plan on just lying around for 10-15 minutes, I don't recommend the gel mask. 


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment