Pages

Sunday 8 February 2015

Grids Everywhere!



It's been ages since I've last updated. Getting back into school has been extremely busy, and I kept thinking about posting, but with a flow of never ending work, blogging seemed to be put on the back burner. However, I have returned to the keyboard with a fresh mind! In the time I haven't been posting, I've had the time to buy some lovely products and find some things on the internet that I am obsessed with! As of lately, my latest obsession is... Grid print clothing!



What's so special about the grid print? The main reason why I love it is that not only does it look modern, but it's also clean looking. The overall aesthetic of the pattern is appealing to me. It is simple yet it can also be dressed up. It's simpler and cleaner than plaid (which I'm a fan of as well). 


The grid look is also extremely versatile! Honestly, you can wear it with any colour and any fabric. For example, it would be great paired with jeans. It also works on bottom or on top. Personally, I think that anything with a grid pattern is a great accent piece! You're probably thinking, "Wow, a shirt or pants as the accent? That makes no sense!".  Think about it, though. It will catch someone's eye beneath  a blazer (let's not forget that the pattern can be on the blazer as well) and gives that extra touch of class as well.  


Lastly, I'd hate love to bring up my guilty pleasure, which is the Kdrama and its use of this beloved pattern. In KBS2's drama, Trot Lovers, Lee Yi Kyung wears an amazing grid patterned suit. This is also probably my favourite use of this pattern as well. Unlike other patterns, it doesn't look tacky when made into a suit! As much of a plaid fan as I am, I'd hate to see someone wearing a plaid suit. Cringe! Choi Jin Hyuk's character in MBC's Fated to Love You also seems to be a fan of the grid suit, considering many of his articles of clothing have the grid pattern.

So, what do you think about the grid? Yay or nay? I, undoubtedly, am a huge fan!


2 comments:

  1. Do you know where I can get the first one? :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.yesstyle.com/en/info.html/pid.1035854710
      It was available from Yesstyle here. Unfortunately, they're not longer selling it... But you might be able to find something similar on sites like TaoBao and Alixpress if you look!

      Delete