Pages

Monday 5 January 2015

Pink Powder Mask


After the holidays, my skin is always suffering from the sweets and the delicious (but not at all good for you) foods. What with chocolates, fatty and greasy foods, my skin often pays the price. The result? Blemished skin. I finally was able to head over to The Face Shop to pick up the Lovely Me:Ex Magic Pink Powder mask. I've been looking at it for the past month, and finally picked it up! A little late Christmas present to myself! 



The first thing that caught my attention of this mask was, not only the great price of the product, but the adorable container and packaging that it comes in. I'm a huge fan of Lovely Me:Ex products for these two reasons: they're always reasonably priced and they look cute. This was my first time using a powder mask, so I was really interested in trying it as well.


Before doing this mask, I washed my face with The Face Shop's Green Tea Phyto Powder in Cleansing Foam. I used the new exfoliating mitt that I bought (which I'm absolutely in love with, and highly recommend buying). I then used my cucumber toner (always use a toner before applying a mask) before opening up the mask to use.


As I said before, this was my first time ever using a powder mask. I'm a big fan of sheet masks, but sometimes it's nice to have something a little softer and with a different purpose. The colour is a soft pink, and it feels like dipping your fingers into foam when you're applying it. It goes on easily and has a very light feeling. I left it on for 12 minutes (the package says 10-15 minutes) and rinsed it off with cold water; it came off extremely easily, especially since it had hardened.


I'm pretty experienced in using face masks, ask I've tried a few different ones. While I've never used a powder one before, I have used numerous clay masks. However, nothing compares to this mask. My skin feels soft and refreshed! It's sometimes hard to find things that make my skin feel this nice, since it's so sensitive, but I'm not disappointed in the least. In fact, I'm extremely pleased with this purchase! It was easy to remove and I don't have the rash or redness that I usually have after a mask. 

So, in the time of the holidays, or if you just have troubled skin in general, I really suggest checking out this product! I'm adding it to my list of favourites.


No comments:

Post a Comment