Pages

Wednesday 15 October 2014

Welcoming Autumn



Anyone who knows me knows that autumn just so happens to be my favourite season. I'm stuck in a state of perpetual dislike of both overly hot and overly cold weather, but also have an immense love for sweaters; which is exactly why I absolutely adore autumn! While there's brisk winds and the odd cold day, it's generally a comfortable temperature. And, honestly, it's the best time for fashion!

This week I've recruited my beautiful younger sister (and apparently our dog) for a photo shoot. We took some photos with some of the things that I think are essential to perfect fall fashion (and also being comfortable).

As far as hairstyles are concerned, I think a fishtail braid is really the essence of fall fashion. It's elegant and also casual, it completes any look. There's also the beanie, which is great really during any time of the year. But, when the winds are a bit brisk, it's nice to have a hat! They're good all year round and come in many colours. Basics greys and blacks are usually what I would opt for, but burgundy, green and purple are also nice to have as well!

Let's not forget the sports jacket. It's perfect for fall and keeps you feeling cozy and warm, especially in the mornings. It can also be paired with a scarf and looks for if you want to wear a dress as well! Totally multifunctional, which I love.


What's a better outfit necessity for fall than... Overalls! Honestly, I think every girl needs to have a pair of these in her wardrobe. Not only are they coming back into style as of late, but they're also super comfortable. You can wear them in a multitude of ways, depending on the look you're going for. They don't only make them as shorts (great for summer), but also with the long pant. This also means they're going to be great during the winter as well. Pair them with a long-sleeve shirt, sneakers or boots and you're good to go! 


No comments:

Post a Comment