Pages

Wednesday 22 October 2014

Music Keeps me Sane

Final Thought, Barrie, ON (really old photo... like ancient)

The past week and a half has been extremely hectic for me. However, there's definitely been some fun stuff going on as well! This week, I've decided that I want to really focus on some of the stuff that keeps me going while I'm in school. Mainly, good music!

As some of you might know, I'm really into photography. But, at the top of my list, is band photography. I've always loved it; my childhood dream was to take photos for AP. However, as I've grown older that dream is kind of distant but it's still something I completely adore and want to pursue, even as just a side thing. Last Friday I went to the Blacksheep Inn and took pictures for Harea Band (check out their new music video below!) Unfortunately I won't be featuring any photos from that in this post, but check 'em out!


Harea Band - Room for You

With studying, spending time on the bus, and just hanging out around home, music is always there. If I'm not listening to music, well... that's just weird. So this week I've decided to share with some of you all my favourite music resources and also some of my favourite artists and tunes of the moment! 

As far as resources go, my go-to's are: youtube (naturally), soundcloud, bandcamp, tumblr and spotify. Not going to lie - I just started using spotify a couple of weeks ago and I'm addicted. There are so many great playlists on there, and there's something for everything.. (no seriously, I'm listening to one called "Autumn Leaves" as I write this and it's beautiful). They're all great ways to find some new music that you'll love (or hate, but whatever).


Final Thought - Into My Hands

As depicted above, they're one of my favourite Canadian bands. Seriously, check them out, tweet them, facebook, whatever. Definitely a must listen!! 


A friend told me about these guys. They're a Pop-Punk band from Albany, NY and I fell in love with their music at first listen! Here's to hoping they make it big so I can see them!


The Honey Trees - Like A Thousand Stars

I am a HUGE fan of The Honey Trees. I have been for years and I never get tired of them. This is my current ear worm, and I would really recommend them. Beck Filip's voice is amazing, and Jacob Wick add's a little something nice too! Also, totally suggest listening to their covers of Moon River and Edelweiss; they're both amazing.

Some other stuff I'm listening to a lot of these days: Elephant Revival, Helter Skelter (Japanese movie soundtrack), Nell, Zia, As One, MisterWives, Us the Duo and 10cm.

Feel free to leave a comment and let me know some artists you really like, and let me know if you liked anything you found here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment