Pages

Monday 25 May 2015

Refreshing My Makeup

When I was in high school, makeup was something that was very important to me. I used to play around with it a lot and experiment. However, I always stayed away from two things: bronzer and blushers. Why? Because I was into looking super pale and have a natural blush that I try to hide. Then when university arrived I opted for much more simple, practical looks because I just didn't have the time or interest to do my makeup. That said, as I'm growing older I'm wanting to get back into doing my makeup and want to experiment a bit with different things (thanks youtube gurus). So, this week I'll just chat about a few products I'd really love to try.


Pictured above is the Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer by Too Faced. I was informed by someone who works in the makeup industry that this is a great bronzer for girls who are of a fairer skin tone, who don't tan well and just want to simply glow a bit more. Not only that, but it has really amazing reviews. As I've never used bronzers before, I think this one would be a really great step into the world of bronzers. 

Lately I've also wanted to try filling in my brows, as I really love the effect it has on a makeup look. My brows are fine, I love them, but sometimes you just want them to POP more! So, I've tested with eye shadows and whatnot, but I've been looking at this Lovely ME:EX Design My Eyebrow pencil  from The Face Shop for a while. Obviously I'd need the lightest brown, but it's something that I want to try.


Now this here is a product I've been wanting to try for months. It's from The Face Shop (which we all know is my favourite shop by now, haha), and it's basically a CC Cream by FACE it. It covers redness really well, and is basically just a perfect mix between a BB cream  (which I swear by) and a foundation/concealer. Because it controls colour, it helps to cancel out the redness, which unfortunately I have a lot of. So it's a product I'd love to try.

I've never been one to use powders to set my makeup, which is a really big issue. With BB creams, I don't have to worry much because I don't have a problem with it moving at all or wearing (usually, anyway). However, since I want to try new things, I figured a powder wold be a nice thing to try since it just helps in areas where there might be makeup imperfections after a few hours. So I want to try FACE it's Shimmering Finish Pact.

Of course, a great set of brushes is also a must for these things. But, I'm looking for a good set that's low cost. If I get any of these in the near future, I will most definitely review and blog with some looks!




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment