Pages

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Daily Essentials



Autumn is struggling to arrive and with the threat of Canada's cold winters, I'm searching high and wide for some products that are really good at moisturizing and also keeping my skin looking nice. So, here are some of my favourite products! I use a lot of them every day, and others just a few times a week or on special occasions. I don't feel confident if I haven't got good skin, so here are some things I use for my skin, as well as some of what I use for my hair and my nails!




For my every day use, I tend to use a Green Tea facial foam from The Face Shop! I have sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate it at all. You also don't need very much for it to cover your entire face. It's gentle and my skin feels super soft after using it. I also really like The Face Shop's herb & water face mist; it's refreshing and is soothing on the skin when it's feeling irritated. I also use The Body Shop's seaweed exfoliating wash once a week, and use the matching moisturizer as well. On occasion, I do use a Neutrogena wet skin spray sunblock.

As far as makeup goes,  I have my daily essentials. I never leave the house without BB cream. I really like Skin79's Hot Pink BB cream, but since I've run out I started using two from The Face Shop. I am in love with the Lovely Me:Ex BB cream. It's got great coverage, especially since I've got a lot of redness in my face. On the other hand, FACE It's Shimmering BB Cream is nice when I want my face to look brighter; this is something I'll probably combine with the other one in the winter. I also use an aqua proof lip marker (literally it is the BEST thing; better than lipstick and lip stain, in my opinion).

It's not pictured here, but I almost always wear an Avon brown eyeliner. On occasion that I do wear mascara, I've recently tried L'Oreal Paris' Miss Manga mascara. It makes my eyes look wide and bright, and I really love it! When taking off my makeup, I use a calming chamomile makeup remover from The Body Shop.

I'd really recommend any of these products if you want your skin to feel hydrated and nice. Also, any sort of body butter and body spray are good. I use a Spa Wisdom Rice finishing spray and Vera Wang's Pink Princess or Nicki Minaj's Pink Friday as my go-to scents! You should always check the forecast before choosing a scent for the day, because some scents are better suited in warm and cold weather.


As far as my hair goes, I recently bought a Cherry Blossom sebum controlling spray from The Face Shop. Not only does it smell amazing, but it takes away the oils from my hair when I don't have time to wash it. I think it's a really great find. I also use a regular hair brush and a boar bristle brush. I've also got Design Line's silk drops that I use in my hair on days that I don't use conditioner or when it's really humid.

For my nails, I use basically any nail polish. But I really love brands like Essie and Etude House. I'm also a huge fan of glitter. I've also got an almond nail & hand cream from The Body Shop that I use to take care of my hands and cuticles.

I'm a bit of an addict when it comes to cosmetics, so I tend to splurge, but these are just some of my favourites.

I'm super prepared for the cold weather now! What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment