Pages

Friday 23 October 2015

Autumn Lip Obsession


Hello everyone! It's been literally ages since I've last made a blog post. There's been a lot going on. I traveled during the summer and have been attempting to cut down my time on the computer. Now it's autumn, getting close to Halloween (one of my favourite times of the year) and the days are getting colder. That being said, my desire for lip colours has been changing as well. In spring and summer I'm all got those vibrant pinks and corals, but now that autumn is here I'm in love with the reds and browns! Which is why I'm going to talk to you about these lovely little gems that I found at The Face Shop called the Ink Lipquids!


As you all know, I'm completely obsessed with products from The Face Shop. In my most recent couple of trips there I saw a new lip product which is the Ink Lipquid. Now the cool think about these is that they're pretty much a gloss and a lipstick combined! It's got a gloss-like applicator and looks like a gloss but once it dries and sets it has the quality of a lipstick. I first bought Rose Marsala (on the right) and fell in love with it. It was recommended to me by one of the employees there. I next bought Apple Red (left) and am SO in love with the colour. It's bright but not over the top. 


I've enhanced the vibrance a little bit so you can take a look at the difference between the two colours here. The Apple Red actually isn't that bright when you put it on your lips, but it's still much more red than the Rose Marsala. The great things about these lip colours is that they actually last for an entire day. I wore the red to my cousin's wedding and by the end of the day it was still perfectly intact! Like all lip products though, it will come off it you wipe your mouth so I would recommend the "pat pat" method if you have to wipe your mouth!  It really helps to protect the colour. Either way it's extremely long lasting which is the main thing I love about all of the lip products from The Face Shop.

Rose Marsala (true colour)

Apple Red (true colour)

I'd definitely recommend this brand to anyone who has trouble finding vibrant colours that last for an entire day. They're perfect to wear to events and outings and the quality is really amazing. They're also great gift ideas. If you're a fan of reds and pinks, then I highly recommend since the variety of shades is quite nice. I'm also including some photos wearing the colours so you can see how they look in different light settings.

Rose Marsala (natural soft lighting)

Apple Red (natural sunlight & mild filtering)

Let me know if you've tried the product! If you have, what did you think of it? 

1 comment:

  1. Great job love ! Love the swatches

    ReplyDelete